Digital Rights Management

by kmmtinc
0 comment

What is DRM?

DRM stand for Digital Rights Management. It’s a tool used to prevent unauthorized copying of video and audio files. Media files with DRM are restricted for playback to certain apps, software, or devices. 

When you download a song from an authorized store, like iTunes, Amazon, Naver Music, or Google Music (and there are many, many other sources, as well), the copyright owner of that media may require their files to be distributed with DRM enabled. This makes it harder to make unauthorized copies and is intended to curb piracy. 

Is DRM the same thing as a YouTube copyright strike?

If you use a song that you don’t have a license to include in a video that you upload to YouTube, your video may be muted or removed. You will receive a notice from YouTube about it along with suggestions about how to fix the issue. However, all of this happens on the YouTube platform and only applies to files uploaded to YouTube. 

Learn more about copyright strikes here.

DRM applies to files that you have on your personal devices or computers. It restricts the ways you can use and what you can do with the files, regardless of where they are stored. That includes using those files in your KineMaster projects.

Why can’t I use it in my KineMaster project?

KineMaster blocks DRM protected audio files from being added to your video project. When you export a project from KineMaster, no DRM is applied. Allowing DRM protected audio files to be imported into KineMaster would enable unauthorized copies and distribution of copyrighted works– something KineMaster is against. 

Where can I get DRM-free audio for my KineMaster projects?

There are three common sources for music that you can use in your videos, and all three are excellent ways to add amazing soundtracks to your work. 

1. Download music from the KineMaster Asset Store

Audio files, both music and sound effects, on the KineMaster Asset Store are copyright free. You can use, remix, and change them in any way you want. They can be used for personal or commercial purposes. You can use them in monetized videos on YouTube. You can even listen to them in the car.

2. Use music from the copyright free YouTube library of music. 

YouTube provides a library of music that you can use in your videos for free. You can learn more about this library here.

3. Subscribe to or purchase music from a company that provides licenses for audio tracks. 

There are lots of great online resources for sound effects and music. They all offer high quality downloads and let you search by artist, genre, theme, mood, etc. They also offer different pricing models, so be sure to search around to find one that makes sense for your budget. 

0 comment

Leave a Reply

You may also like

Community.KineMaster uses cookies to improve your viewing experience. You can opt-out if you wish. Learn more. Accept Read More