Organizing Layers

by kmmtinc
2 comments

The KineMaster video project timeline can fill up fast with text, graphics, videos, and effects. Managing your project is essential to knowing which layer does what, when. KineMaster provides several tools to help you do just that.

Layers appear in the order which you add them. If you add a video, then a text layer, then an effect, the effect will be on top– changing how both the video and the text appear underneath.

You can change the order of layers using the Bring to Front and Send to Back tools, which are located on the left side of the project window.

Tap the layer that you want to re-order, then tap the three dots (ellipsis) button on the top left side of the project screen. There are a lot of options to choose from to help you reorganize your layer.

Bring to Front lets you move the layer you selected to the very top of the project.

Bring Forward lets you move the selected layer in front of the layer you added next.

Send Backward lets you move the selected layer behind the layer you added before.

Send to Back moves the layer to the very bottom of your layer stack.

In addition to these tools, you can also rename your layers to help you keep track of them. To rename a layer, tap it to select it, then tap the Information button at the bottom of the Options Panel on the right side of the screen. This will pop up a window that provides you with information about the layer (if it’s a media layer) or allow you to rename it.

If you decide that you don’t want to use a layer, tap the layer to select it, then tap the trash can button on the left side of the screen to delete it.

2 comments

2 comments

JONAI HOLLIS May 24, 2020 - 2:04 pm

Is there a way to copy layer info as templates to save time? Or do you have to keep remaking that layer for every clip? Example: if I want to make text and add orange color, white outline and creepster font with green glow… will I have to set all of those parameters to every text I make? Or can I copy this layer info and reuse it?

KineMaster Community Moderator May 24, 2020 - 11:39 pm

For text layers in particular, it can be tedious to re-apply all of the different text options and settings. The solution is to use the duplicate button. Tap a text layer to select it, then tap the Duplicate (three dots) button in the top left corner of the screen. Choose Duplicate as Layer. Tap the new layer to select it and tap the keyboard button at the top of the options panel that opens out on the right side of the screen to change the text.

Leave a Reply

You may also like

Community.KineMaster uses cookies to improve your viewing experience. You can opt-out if you wish. Learn more. Accept Read More

%d bloggers like this: